WELCOME TO PLEASANT HILL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Dear Pleasant Hill Parents and Community Members:
I hope this message finds you and your families safe and well. Today, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker announced that remote learning in Illinois will be extended through April 30 in order to slow down the spread of COVID-19.
During this time, on-site learning will remain suspended but our schools’ commitment to learning and education will remain open and learning will continue for all students - just through a different format. Please click this link to view the District's new Remote Learning Plan.
While it is not ideal, we want to assure you that at Pleasant Hill District #69, our teachers and staff are fully engaged and willing to take on this new challenge and push forward with remote learning, engaging with students and continuing with our food distribution program.
I know this is not the school year that any of us imagined, but I want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we have dealt with this unprecedented situation together.
As a recap, here are the three priorities for our leadership and planning moving forward:
Priority 1 - Feed and care for the extended safety, health, and welfare of students, families, non-student children, staff, and community at large.
Priority 2 - Communicate clearly; share coherent, organized and controlled messages with your staff, students and community. Priority 3 - Provide for the continuity of learning in Illinois
It’s important we continue to work together and support our students.
Lisa Weaver Superintendent/Principal
- Share My Lesson: www.sharemylesson.com
- National Geographic: https://www.nationalgeographic.org/education/resource-library/?q=&page=1&per_page=25
- Field Museum: https://www.fieldmuseum.org/educators/learning-resources/plants-animals
- Lesson Planet: https://www.lessonplanet.com/
- The Learning Network: https://www.nytimes.com/section/learning
- Statistics in Schools: https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/sis/2020census/2020-resources.html
- EdEx: https://www.edx.org/
- Global Digital Library: https://www.digitallibrary.io/
- Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Learning Equality: https://learningequality.org/kolibri/
- Brain Pop: www.brainpop.com/
- Vocabulary Spelling City: www.spellingcity.com/
- Scholastic: classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- SEL Online Learning Activities
IMPORTANT COMMUNITY WEB SITES & ADDRESSES